These easy apple pies can be ready in less than 30 minutes from the time you roll out the dough!
I love quick and easy desserts – especially if the need for them comes out of the blue. I opt for premade crusts because I just don’t make pie crust well, but I do use homemade apple pie filling. We are lucky enough that a neighbor allows us to have as many apples off their Gravenstein apple tree as we would like. So we usually spend a good portion of our Fall drying apples and making applesauce and apple pie filling. We end up loading the freezer so we can enjoy it all winter long.
For these pies you will need premade pie crust, apple filling mix and an egg. I also used a 3 inch biscuit cutter but you could make them any shape.
Here’s how to make them:
- Allow the dough to come to room temperature then roll out and cut to desired shape – we used 2 circles per pie
- Fill with apple pie filling – for ours we used approximately 1 tablespoon
- Wipe egg white allow the side of the bottom piece of crust
- Stretch the top crust ever so slightly and lay it on top of the pie filling and use a fork to crimp the edges of both pieces together
- Give each pie a little vent hole
- Bake in oven at 425 degrees for 18-28 minutes. After about 15 minutes I keep an eye on them and pull them out when they are golden brown.
These can also be frozen and pulled out when needed. Same directions for baking and they are ready in the same amount of time. Perfect for a little snack with a cup of coffee!
I hope you enjoy!
One thought on “Easy Apple Hand Pies”
Pingback: Food Saver Series: Apples - MTdawn